https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/a-message-from-alan-dabiri/1761

In my 20-plus years at Blizzard, I’ve had the privilege of working on many awesome Blizzard games in roles ranging from software engineer to technical director to game director. Across my many roles and games, my experience working on Heroes of the Storm ranks among the best of my development career. I’ve witnessed Heroes’ evolution from a StarCraft II mod to the amazing game you see today. Heroes’ development has been fueled by the shared excitement of our team and all of you in the community, and the game we’ve built together is the game I play almost every night.

One of the best things about developing Heroes is the fact that this team is not afraid to try new things while always striving to learn and grow. It’s been part of our DNA from the very beginning, and it’s through years of experimentation that we’ve hit our stride both as a development team, and as a game. This is possible because Heroes has an exceptional development team of both Blizzard veterans and fresh faces who are all highly engaged with the game we’re making, and the players we’re making it for.

It’s in this spirit of trying new things that I want to let everyone know that a few months ago, I accepted an opportunity to transition off my role as Heroes’ game director to heed Blizzard’s call and begin a new adventure elsewhere within the company. The game director has always been one part of the overall leadership team that drives Heroes forward and it’s been a privilege to work among some of the best game developers at every level on the team all the way up to our production director, Kaéo Milker. Leaving a team and game that I love is incredibly difficult, but seeing the steady strength, creativity, and commitment that Kaéo and the design, engineering, and art leadership teams consistently bring to Heroes has given me more than enough confidence to make this decision. I trust that the game is in the very best hands and their work these past few months has only reinforced my belief.

They’ve released awesome new heroes like Yrel, Whitemane, Mephisto, and now Mal’Ganis, while building on the themed content drops that let the team do fun things that only Heroes can do. They brought the smackdown (plus my favorite mount, the Luchihuahua!) with Nexomania, finally brought an epic slice of Azeroth into the Nexus with the Alterac Pass Battleground, and joined the Raven Lord’s forces with the Fall of King’s Crest. On top of that, the team has also released awesome reworks like Raynor and Brightwing while adding exciting updates like third ban and Team League improvements. With so many awesome content and feature updates, you can see why I believe that the team has brought us the best year of Heroes of the Storm so far.

And they’re not done yet. Heroes has one of the most passionate and dedicated development teams I’ve had the pleasure of working with, and they have a ton of exciting new content in development. I can’t wait for you all to see what they have in store for the rest of this year and beyond. You can bet that I’ll be right there enjoying it with you as it’s released, too. I’m sure you’ll agree when I say that Heroes is in a great place and I promise that it’s in the hands of the best possible people to continue driving it forward. Kaéo and the Heroes team are people who play almost every night who also happen to get to work on making the game what it is today. With our continued input and support, they’ll keep doing what they do best by making Heroes of the Storm the most awesome game it can possibly be.

I just want to sign off by saying thank you to all of you. I’ve had an incredible time working on this game and seeing you bring the battlegrounds to life every day. I’m so grateful for the enthusiasm you’ve brought to Heroes and all the changes you’ve encouraged us to make. I know the team deeply appreciates the feedback you share, so please keep it coming—and as always, I’ll see you in the Nexus!

블리자드에서 20년 이상 일하면서, 저는 소프트웨어 엔지니어부터 기술 감독, 게임 디렉터까지 다양한 역할로 멋진 블리자드 게임을 하는 특권을 누렸습니다. 그 많은 역할과 게임을 통틀어, 히어로즈 오브 더 스톰 팀에서 일한 경험은 제 개발 경력 중 최고였습니다. 저는 히어로즈가 스타크래프트 II 모드에서 오늘날 여러분이 보는 놀라운 게임으로 진화하는 것을 목격했습니다. 히어로즈의 발전은 저희 팀과 커뮤니티의 여러분 모두의 기쁨에 힘입은 것이고, 전 저희가 함께 만든 이 게임을 거의 매일 밤 하고 있습니다.

히어로즈 개발의 가장 좋은 점 중 하나는 이 팀이 새로운 시도를 두려워하지 않고 항상 배우고 성장하려고 노력한다는 것입니다. 그것은 처음부터 우리의 DNA의 일부였고, 수년 간의 실험을 통해 우리는 개발 팀으로나 게임으로나 한단계 도약을 이루었습니다. 그 일은 이 게임과 유저들에 매우 몰입적인, 블리자드 베테랑들과 새로운 얼굴들이 함께하는 특별한 개발팀이 있기에 가능한 일이었습니다.

바로 이런 새로운 것을 시도하는 정신에서 저는 몇 달 전,  블리자드의 부름을 받아 히어로즈 게임 디렉터로서의 역할에서 벗어나 회사 내 다른 곳에서 새로운 모험을 시작할 수 있는 기회를 받아들였습니다. 게임 디렉터는 언제나 히어로즈를 앞으로 나아가게 하는 전체적인 리더십 팀의 한 부분이었고, 프로덕션 디렉터인 케이오 밀커를 비롯해 각 분야별 최고의 게임 개발자들 사이에서 일하는 것은 영광이었습니다. 제가 좋아하는 팀과 게임을 떠나는 것은 매우 힘든 일이지만, 케이오와 디자인 팀, 기술 팀, 미술 팀들이 끊임없이 히어로즈에게 가져다 준 꾸준한 힘과 창의력, 헌신을 보는 것은 저에게 이 결정을 내리기에 충분한 자신감을 주었습니다. 저는 게임이 최고의 개발자들에게 맡겨져있다고 믿으며 지난 몇 달 동안 그들의 성과는 그런 제 믿음을 더욱 굳게 만들었습니다.

그들은 이렐, 화이트메인, 메피스토, 말가니스와 같은 멋지고 새로운 영웅들을 출시했고, 히어로즈만이 할 수 있는 재밌는 테마로 된 컨텐츠를 제작했습니다. 그들은 시공매니아로 스맥다운을 만들었고(그리고 제가 제일 좋아하는 탈것인 루치와와도) 마침내 알터랙 고개라는 아제로스의 서사적인 한 부분을 시공의 폭풍에 들여왔으며, 왕의 산마루의 몰락을 통해 까마귀 군주의 군대를 참가시키기도 했습니다. 게다가, 이 팀은 또한 레이너와 빛나래 같은 멋진 리워크를 발표했고, 세 번째 영웅금지와 팀 리그 개선과 같은 흥미로운 업데이트들을 추가했습니다. 이러한 멋진 컨텐츠와 기능 업데이트들을 보면, 제가 이팀이 올해를 히어로즈 오브 더 스톰의 최고의 한 해로 만들었다고 생각하는 이유를 알 수 있을 것입니다.

그리고 아직 끝나지 않았죠. 히어로즈엔 제가 함께 작업한 가장 열정적이고 헌신적인 개발 팀 중 하나를 가지고 있으며, 아직 개발 중인 흥미롭고 새로운 컨텐츠를 많이 보유하고 있습니다. 저는 여러분 모두가 올해 남은 기간과 그 이후를 위해 무엇을 준비하고 있는지 보기를 학수고대합니다. 장담하건대, 저도 그것이 출시되면 여러분과 함께 그것을 즐기러 갈 것입니다. 저는 히어로즈가 좋은 상태에 있다는 제말에 여러분이 동의하실 것이라고 확신합니다. 그리고 저는 그 미래가 최고의 사람들에게 달려있다고 약속합니다. 케이오와 히어로즈 팀은 거의 매일 밤 게임을 즐기는 사람들이며, 그들은 또한 오늘날과 같은 게임을 만들기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 우리들의 지속적인 의견과 지원을 통해, 그들은 최선을 다해 그들이 할 수 있는 가장 멋진 게임인 히어로즈 오브 더 스톰을 만들어나갈 것입니다.

여러분 모두에게 고맙다는 말로 이 글을 맺고 싶습니다. 저는 이 게임을 하며 여러분이 매일 전장에 생기를 불어넣는 것을 보면서 정말 멋진 시간을 보냈습니다. 히어로즈에게 보여준 열정과 우리에게 용기를 불어넣어준 모든 변화들에 감사드립니다. 저는 개발팀이 여러분이 공유한 피드백에 깊은 감사를 표한다는 것을 알고 있으니, 부디 계속 그렇게 해 주세요.

그리고 언제나처럼 시공의 폭풍에서 뵙겠습니다!