* 출처 : https://ko.wowhead.com/news/323531

안녕하세요 블리자드 여러분.

어제 이후로 많은 것들을 생각하게 되었고, 여러분 또한 마찬가지셨으리라 생각됩니다. 전직 및 현직 직원들의 피해에 대한 의혹은 무척이나 충격적인 내용이었습니다.

여러분들 모두 명확한 사실을 알고 싶어하실 겁니다. 비록 아직 수사가 진행 중이기 때문에 세부 사항을 언급할 수는 없지만, 이 의혹에 언급된 내용들은 절대 용납할 수 없다는 점만은 분명히 말씀드릴 수 있습니다.

분명히 말하건대, 회사 내의 다른 사람을 차별하거나 괴롭히는 것은 절대 용납될 수 없습니다.
분명히 말하건대, 캠퍼스던, 블리즈컨이던, 자택 근무던, 모두가 이 곳에서 안전하게 일할 수 있어야 합니다.
분명히 말하건대, 나서서 이런 사실을 밝히는 데에는 큰 용기가 필요하며, 회사에 관한 모든 주장은 내부적으로, 그리고 필요 시 외부 수사관들이 조사할 것입니다. 저희는 이런 주장을 무척 진지하게 받아들이며, 저희 회사에서 이런 클레임은 보복에 대한 두려움 없이 제기하는 것이 가능합니다. 대부분의 경우, 저는 다른 지도진과 함께 이런 내용을 직접 검토합니다.

이 일을 맡는 것에 대해 바비와 대화를 나눴을 때, 제가 가장 먼저 언급했던 것은 저희 브랙 일가가 존경하는 인물인 글로리아 스타이넘에 대한 것이었습니다. 여성을 동등한 존재로 여기고, 그 동등함을 위해서 얼마나 많은 다툼이 있어왔는지, 그리고 아직까지도 할 일이 얼마나 많이 남아있는지는 저희가 자라오며 듣고 배워온 내용이었습니다. 이는 평등을 위해 싸우는 것이 제게 얼마나 중요한지에 대한 이유 중 단 한 가지에 불과합니다. 블리자드와 블리자드의 팀, 그리고 저희 플레이어 커뮤니티에게는 다른 배경, 관점 그리고 경험을 가진 사람들이 필요합니다. 저는 이런 "브로 문화" (남성 중심의 문화)를 경멸하며, 제 커리어 내내 이와 맞서 싸우기 위해 노력해 왔습니다.

저희의 게임과 마찬가지로 저희의 문화를 개선해 나가는 것은 필수적이며, 저희의 가치는 북극성과 같은 역할을 해야만 합니다. 이는 프로페셔널로서, 그리고 인간으로서 할 수 있는 가장 중요한 일 중 하나라고 생각합니다.

회사란 단순히 델라웨어의 서류 캐비닛 내 종이 한 장으로 존재하는 법적 개념만이 아닙니다. 회사란, 그 회사에서 일하는 사람들의 행동과 그들이 만들어내는 것으로 이루어집니다. 저희는 각자 서로를 위해 안전한 세상을 만들어가는 역할을 맡고 있으며, 그렇기에 저희가 원하는 블리자드를 만들어 가고, 블리자드를 훌륭한 곳으로 유지하되 계속해서 더 나은 미래를 만들고자 각자의 몫을 다하는 것 역시 중요합니다.

지도진과 저는 앞으로 여러분들 중 다수와 많나 질문에 답하고, 앞으로 나아갈 방법에 대해 논의할 것입니다. 그 동안, 인사과 직원이나 관리자들, 범무팀 또는 저를 포함한 임원진들과 언제든지 이야기를 나눌 수 있다는 점을 알아주셨으면 합니다. 만약 블리자드 바깥의 다른 누군가와 이야기하고 싶거나 익명으로 남고 싶으시다면, Way2Play 안전 라인으로 연락하시기 바랍니다.

저 역시 화가 나고, 슬프고 또 많은 감정들을 느끼지만, 동시에 지속적인 개선을 위해 저와 함께 하는 일련의 지도진과 수천 명의 직원들과 함께 일할 수 있다는 사실에 감사합니다.

감사합니다, 블리자드 여러분.

JAB

* 원문

Hello Blizzard -

I personally have a lot of emotions coming out of yesterday, and I know you do, too. The allegations and the hurt of current and former employees are extremely troubling.

I know many of you would like to receive more clarity. While I can't comment on the specifics of the case as it's an open investigation, what I can say is that the behavior detailed in the allegations is completely unacceptable.

- It goes - with saying - it is completely unacceptable for anyone in the company to face discrimination or harassment.
- It goes - with saying - that everyone should feel safe working here, whether we are on campus, at BlizzCon, or working from home.
- It goes - with saying - it takes courage to come forward, and all claims brought to the company are investigated by internal and (when needed) external investigators. We take these claims very seriously. Claims can be made without fear of retaliation, and many times, I attend to them personally, along with our other leaders.

Stepping back - when I talked with Bobby about taking this job, one of the first things I mentioned was a revered saint of the Brack household - Gloria Steinem. Growing up, the value of women as equals, understanding the work that had been done for equal treatment, and the fact that there was still much to do, were common themes. This is just one of the reasons why the fight for equality is incredibly important to me. People with different backgrounds, views, and experiences are essential for Blizzard, our teams, and our player community. I disdain 'bro culture,' and have spent my career fighting it.

Iterating on our culture with the same intensity that we bring to our games is imperative, with our values acting as our North Star. This is some of the most important work we do, both as professional and human beings.

A company is more than a legal construct that exists as a piece of paper in a filing cabinet in Delaware. The people that work at the company make it what it is, through their actions and creations. Each of us plays a role in maintaining a place of safety for one other. And it is also up to each of us to continue to craft the Blizzard we want - and commit to doing our part in keeping Blizzard great but always aspiring for more.

The leadership team and I will be meeting with many of you to answer questions and discuss how we can move forward. In the meantime, I want you to know that you can talk to any manager, any HR partner, any member of the legal team, or to any one on the executive team [including, Hey J]. If you feel more comfortable talking to someone outside of Blizzard, or prefer to be anonymous, you can contact the Way2Play Integrity Line.

I feel angry, sad, and a host of other emotions, but I also feel grateful to work alongside a set of leaders and thousands of employees who join me in their commitment to continuous improvement.

Thank you Blizzard,

JAB