(Opinion) New Ranked Role System is a trash and ruins Ranked

I’ve been playing League since season 3 and actively grinding Solo q since season 4. My main motivation of playing League is the ranked ladder. I bounce back between playing mid and adc. I was extremely excited to grind ranked for the new season, after playing mostly mid i filled adc and won just to figure out that my LP gains are separate from my peak Elo.

After my last game 11 games MID Plat 3 (40) +6 LP 1 game ADC Gold 1 +(68) LP

As someone who grinds hard for LP gains I feel this is complete bullshit and a waste of time. I believe the new system is garbage and counter intuitive of what Riot is trying to do. Riot introduced the position role in ranked in order to make autofills feel less punished for poor performance in their role, however , the opposite will happen as winning or losing barely affects their peak rank. The “splash” LP is a complete joke. I played a game in my PEAK elo and gained 6 LP.

Some issues ;

No one cares about their elo in multiple positions , people only care about their highest rank. (Would you rather be platinum in every single role or diamond in one?)

Auto fills will try even less as winning barely gives LP and losing effects their only auto filled role.

If players wanted to play a new role just queue flex and go int? When you queue as a offrole you get matched in your peak elo and get almost 0 punishment for losing, only affecting your teammates.

You’re deadass better off dodging if you don’t get your primary (peak elo) role as you play against players in your peak elo anyway. And you get almost nothing for winning.

This is extremely frustrating for me. This might not effect players who only play 1 role which is fine but why be able to queue 2 roles if they are completely separate in terms of ranked.

This is almost as bad as fucking dynamic queue which riot introduced few years back. For myself and many other ranked exclusive players shit like this just pisses off. Why change something that is not broken?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autofill and being put offrole is a huge problem for position ranks.

I don't care if I'm put in a role I didn't want. But the problem is a lot of people do.

There are plenty of people who get a different role, even their secondary role, and immediately give up or troll because they don't get as much lp/the game doesn't matter as much to them for their main border/progress.

Even in cases where a mid main gets autofilled, and another player offers it up, I've already seen people still troll because the system doesn't recognize that they're playing mid lane, thus not getting any lp.

Now I don't personally care where I'm placed, but I care about all these trolls ruining games. And I'm sure others do too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New position ranks suck

I played 3 games of ranked today and I have to say the position ranks really suck. I play either top, jungle, or mid and it's going to be such a pain to get all 8 placements for each role. The placements have huge LP gains which is kinda cool and you can see your rank before you finish placements. But I got 64 lp this one game and I went mid and I only got 4 lp splashed to top. This is really disappointing and it will take forever to rank up now. I wish riot would just leave it the way it was and don't try to fix things that aren't broken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New ranked system is bogus

Frequent position trading could lead to deactivation of positional matchmaking?

Because our team decided to play smart and let riven match talon mid and me (cass) match poppy top?

I didn't even get a win towards my promo this feels punishing rather than rewarding.

Edit: To clarify the confusion. I was queued as Mid and just went top to lane to best benefit our team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody wants to trade with the new ranked System

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but recently my team doesn't want to trade because they don't care about the lp in the other role.

For example I don't play much top, but my mid laner did and I play mid. But he doesn't want to swap because the top lp is useless to him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting autofilled

I've played 4 ranked games today and I've gotten autofilled to my secondary role each time. I'm not getting an autofill protection either.

I want to rank up my mid ranking, not my fucking top ranking. This new positional ranking thing is frustrating me.

Wasn't happening before this shit system, at least not every game. Can't even finish my mid promos because Riot wants to put me into my other role

I can play my secondary role, idiot. The problem is that I want to focus on leveling one role rather than multiple. Use your brain.

I personally don't care if I get to play mid. All I want is to be able to climb. Playing a different position doesn't contribute to my climb so it's a waste of my time.

edit: Ironically, where before I didn't dodge when autofilled, I will now dodge every time. Real great system.

If there wasn't positional ranking this wouldn't be happening. There are probably more mid mains than top/jg mains, and position mains only want to rank up their main role. This is what I expected to happen when Riot announced this new system.

Honestly most people that climb want the highest possible rank in one position, not average rank across all positions.

A player that got his secondary before played at a disadvantage, but could still keep climbing if they were decent.

Now even if you can play that role, there's no reason to do it. Furthermore, there's no more reason to try hard or not troll. The splash LP is a joke.

Before the choice was:

[dodge and wait out penalty] OR [play at a slight disadvantage]

Now the choice is:

[dodge and wait out penalty] OR [waste 30+ minutes of your life]

Too many trolls with new position rank.

This new system sucks for dealing with trolls, there is absolutely no reason to try if you get autofilled since it doesn't affect your main LP other than a little splash drop. People have just been picking things like thresh ADC since "this won't affect my LP".

Position ranks make playing “fill” feel really awful.

I feel like if I go fill, I’m essentially making my climb 5x longer.

I was always equal skill on three roles, and hovered mid-high plat on jungle mid and support. And I loved it because I could bounce between either depending on the meta, or what my team needs, how I was feeling etc.

Now I feel like I’m forced to play my one role if I want to climb efficiently to reach my rank goal.

Idk if I’m the only one who feels this way but I really don’t like the changes.

The point is it extends my climb.

If I was gaining 25lp a win, at plat 4, if I had a 65% winrate I might be able to climb to diamond in like 60-70 games swapping between any of my three roles, because I’m gaining the same lp per win regardless of role.

If I swap evenly between both roles, splash lp gives so little that it almost doubles the amount of games I need. Now if I want to climb to diamond playing jungle mid and top, 60-70 games becomes 180-210 games in theory, I’d I play each equally.

You can get Demoted by losing in an off role, but you can't be promoted?

Just happened to me earlier today. I'm a top laner, placed S2, but was working on my jungle placement games. After a bad loss streak, I que'd up for jungle at 0lp top lane. Losing the game lost me 3 points in support, 17 in Jungle, then demoted me to S3 top at 75lp.

If we can demote down from losing in an off role, why can't we promote up?

(번역) 1. 제목 : 새로운 랭크시스템은 쓰레기임.  

나는 시즌4부터 랭겜 시작했고 미드원딜 번갈아가면서 하는데 미드로 주로 배치다보고 원딜로 이겼을때 미드가 몇점 오르는지 궁금했는데 6LP 오름. 

이건 완전 시간낭비임. 라이엇은 포지션 자동 선택에서 패배해도 덜 손해본다는 측면에서 도입했지만, 승리 또는 패배가 자신의 최고 랭크에 거의 영향을 미치지 않으므로 반대 상황에서도 발생함. "스플래시"LP 는 Joke 임.

몇몇 문제점 -

아무도 모든 포지션의 티어를 신경쓰지 않으며, 사람들은 최고티어만 생각함. (주포 다이아할래 모든포지션 플래할래?)

포지션 자동선택으로 주포아닌 다른 포지션에 주포지션 MMR 로 매칭되면 패배해도 안깎임. 팀원만 깎임.

어쨌든 주포지션 MMR 에 매칭됐을때 주포 안걸리면 닷지하셈. 그때 이겨도 거의 안오름.

나는 실망함. 한포지션만 하는사람은 상관이없음. 근데 티어차이가 많은 2가지 포지션을 왜 같은 큐에 잡히게 하는거임? 

이건 옛날 다인랭만큼 ㅈ같음. 열받게만 함. 왜 멀쩡한걸 바꿈?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(번역) 2. 제목 : 포지션 자동선택, 주포 외 다른포지션은 랭겜에 큰 문제임.

나는 어떤포지션걸려도 상관없는데 다른사람들이 문제임.

자기가 원하지않은 포지션 걸린 사람들은 심지어 부포걸렸다 하더라도 갑자기 걔들이 게임을 포기하거나 트롤함.

이겨도 LP 를 얼마 못받고 져도 주포지션은 얼마 안떨어지니까. 

만약 주포가 미드인놈이 포지션자동선택 걸려서 다른사람이 미드양보해줘도 

시스템이 알아차리지 못하고 미드LP 를 받지 못하니까 게임 대충하는것을 볼수있음. 

나는 어떤포지션걸려도 상관없는데 이런 트롤새끼들이 게임 망치는건 상관있음. 니들도 마찬가지일거라고 확신함. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(번역) 3. 제목 : 포지션랭크는 ㅈ임

나는 오늘 3게임을했고 포지션랭크 ㅈ같음. 

나는 탑 미드 정글했는데 이걸 라인별로 고통스러운 배치 8판을 모두 봐야함

한판하면 64LP 쿨하게 주는데 이거 미드갔는데 탑은 스플래시 LP 로 4LP 밖에 안오름. 

이거 매우 실망인데 이거 이대로 계속 간대. 난 제발 라이엇이 멀쩡한거 뜯어고치지 않았으면 좋겠음. 

(번역) 4. 제목 : 새로운 랭크 시스템은 가짜다

잦은 포지션스왑, 패널티면 포지션스플래시보너스 비활성화로 이어짐? 

우리팀은 이득을 보기위해 리븐으로 탈론을 상대하고자 초반에 탑미드 스왑을 했음

근데 나는 주포지션 점수가 오르지 않았음. 이는 포지션랭크로 얻는 이득보다 패널티가 더 큰것 같음.

(Ps : 나는 미드걸렸는데 라인이득보기위해 탑이랑 스왑함)

(번역) 5. 새로운 랭크시스템에서는 아무도 라인스왑안해줌.

다른사람도 이런문제를 겪고있는지 모르겠지만, 최근에 다른 포지션의 점수가 필요없기 때문에 픽창에서 라인스왑을 해주는 사람이 없음. 

예를들어 나는 탑을 별로 하지않는 미드유저라서 스왑을 요청했지만 우리미드는 탑점수가 필요없기때문에 스왑안해줌.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(번역) 6. 난 포지션자동선택(부포지션) 계속 걸려

난 오늘 랭겜 4판했는데 4번 다 주포지션 못갔어. 심지어 포지션자동선택비활성화도 안뜸.

난 미드 티어를 올리고싶지 탑티어를 올리고싶은게 아니야. 이번 포지션랭크시스템은 ㅈ같음.

이런 똥같은 시스템이 도입되기전에는 이러지않았음 적어도 모든게임이 그렇지는 않았음.

라이엇은 나를 다른역할에 넣기를 원하기때문에 나는 미드를 할 수 없어.

나는 부포지션 할수 있어. 근데 문제는 나는 내 주포지션에만 집중하고싶다는거지. 여러개보다

개인적으로 다른포지션 하는것 상관없는데 이게 내 미드포지션점수를 올려줄 수 있어야해.

다른포지션하는건 내 미드점수 올리는데 거의 기여하지않아.

예전엔 다른포지션 걸려도 그냥 했지만 이제 다른포지션 걸리면 계속 닷지할거야. 좋나 좋은 시스템이네

포지션랭크 시스템이 없었다면 이런일도 일어나지 않았을거임. 미드라이너가 탑/정글보다 많은데 그들은 보통 

미드 점수를 올리려고 하지 다른것 올리는것보다 말이야. 나는 이 시스템을 라이엇이 발표할때 이렇게 될줄 예상했어.

솔직히 대부분의 사람들은 모든 포지션에서 평균 랭크가 아니라 한포지션에서 가장 높은 티어를 원함.

옛날에는 부포지션걸려도 약간의 불이익이긴 하지만 앵간히 하면 티어를 올릴수 있었지만 

지금은 너가 그 포지션 할줄 안다고 해도 할 이유가 전혀 없어. 나아가서 더이상 열심히할 이유도 없고 트롤하지 않을 이유도 없어. 스플래시 LP 는 Joke 임. 

옛날에 너의 선택지는 

[닷지하고 기다린다] or [약간의손해를 감수하고 그냥한다]

지금의 너의 선택지는 

[닷지하고 기다린다] or [너의 인생의 30분을 낭비한다]

(번역) 7. 포지션랭크에는 트롤이 너무 많아.

이 새로운 시스템은 트롤을 상대해야해서 ㅈㄴ 짜증남

만약 너가 포지션 자동선택이 걸리면 너의 주포지션 LP 에 스플래시 LP 감소 외에는 영향이 없기 때문에 

열심히할 이유가 전혀 없다.

사람들은 쓰레쉬 원딜 같은 것을 선택하고 있어.  "이것은 내 LP 에 영향을 미치지 않기 때문"  

(번역) 8. 포지션랭크는 "채우는 포지션" 을 매우 끔찍하게 해

나는 내가 다른포지션에 채워지면 나는 티어 올리는데 기본적으로 5배 더 걸린다고 느껴

나는 언제나 세가지 역할에 대해 비슷한 실력을 갖고있었고, 미드정글서폿 중상위권 플레티넘 수준이였어. 

나는 예전이 좋았어. 왜냐하면 메타나 우리팀의 필요에 의해서, 그리고 나의 기분에 따라서 고를 수 있었거든.

지금은 내가 효율적으로 목표티어에 오를려면 한가지라인만 플레이하길 강요받는 느낌이야. 

나만 이렇게 생각하는지 모르겠는데 지금 바뀐거 정말 별로임. 

요점은 포지션랭크가 티어 등반 기간을 늘린다는거야.

만약 내가 이겨서 25 LP 를 얻고 플레티넘 4에서 65 %의 승률을 기록하면 나는 3 개의 역할 중 하나를 골라 역할에 상관없이 동일한 LP 를 얻으면서 60-70 판만에 다이아몬드에 올라갈 수있었을 거임. 

만약 두 역할군을 동일한판수로 번갈아가면서 게임하면, 스플래시 LP는 너무 적기 때문에 난 두배의 판수가 필요해져.

이제 정글 미드 탑을 골고루 플레이하면서 다이아몬드 찍으려면 60-70 게임은 이론상 180-210 게임이 필요해.

(번역) 9. 다른포지션에서 지면 주포지션이 강등되고, 이겨도 승급은 할수없다??

오늘 나한테 일어난 일임. 나는 실버2 탑라이너지만 정글 배치 게임을 하고있었음. 연패, 나는 탑 0lp 에서 정글을 했어. 

그리고 게임을 지고난뒤 정글은 17점 깍이고 탑은 -3 점되면서 실버3 75LP 로 강등됐어

오프롤에서 강등될수있으면 왜 승급은 안됨?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

포지션랭크는 NA / KR 만 시행중임.

NA 는 아직 나온지 하루밖에 안됐고 레딧에 Position Ranks 라고 검색해보면 

시스템에 대해서 물어보는 의견이 대다수고, 나온지 하루밖에 안됐으니까 일단 지켜보자는 분위기가 많음. 

좋다는 글에는 이유가없음. 불만인 글만 저렇게 이유가 있음. 

그리고 EU 애들은 포지션랭크 ㅈㄴ 좋아보이는데 왜 우리는 도입안했냐고 하고있음. 

번역은 번역 전문가가 아니라서 대충함. 내용만 전달되게끔 생략 창조번역한것도 있음. 번역 오류 있을수있음.

대충 한국이랑 비슷한듯. 그리고 한국은 다른포지션 걸리면 던진다 그 문제만 봤지만 다른 문제점도 보임.

출처 : 레딧

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------