* 출처 1 : https://www.wowhead.com/news/323587

* 출처 2 :  https://investor.activision.com/node/34326/pdf

* 번역 과정에서 약간의 오역과 의역이 있을 수 있습니다.

액티비전 블리자드(Activision Blizzard)의 CEO인 바비 코틱(Bobby Kotick)은 소송 혐의에 대해 회사가 직장을 개선하기 위해 앞으로 취해야 할 조치를 자세히 설명하고 액티비전 블리자드의 초기 대응을 "귀머거리 수준"(Tone Deaf)이라고 말했습니다.

이는 월드 오브 워크래프트 팀이 성명을 발표 하고 액티비전 블리자드 직원이 수요일에 파업 시위를 발표하는 등 소송과 관련된 암울한 소식에 이어 나온 것 입니다.

힘들고 짜증나는 한 주였습니다.

과거와 최근에 앞장서주신 모든 분들께 감사의 인사를 전하고 싶습니다. 당신의 용기에 감사드립니다. 모든 목소리는 중요합니다. 우리는 현재와 미래에 대해 더욱 똑바로 경청하고 주시할 것 입니다. 우리가 직면한 문제 및 여러분들의 우려사항에 대한 우리의 초기 대응은 솔직히 말해서 완전 '귀머거리' 수준이었습니다.

우리는 모든 것들을 인정하고 어떤 식으로든 학대를 받은 사람들의 감정을 존중해야 합니다. 올바른 공감과 이해를 드리지 못해 죄송합니다.

많은 분들이 적극적인 지원은 회사에 대한 깊은 관심에서 나온다고 말했습니다. 많은 사람들이 연락을 취하여 여러가지 제안 및 개선을 위한 의견들을 공유했다는 것은 동료 및 플레이어 커뮤니티 및 서로를 돌보는 방식을 강력하게 반영합니다. 안전하고 친근한 작업 환경을 보장하는 것이 저의 최우선 과제입니다. Leadership Team은 당신의 목소리를 분명하게 들었습니다.

따듯한 배려가 있는 회사와 안전한 환경을 위해 빠른 조치를 취하고 있습니다. 우리 회사 어디에도 차별, 괴롭힘 또는 모든 종류의 불평등한 대우를 받을 수 있는 곳이 없을 것 입니다.

우리는 창의성과 영감을 키우는 데 필수적인 포용적인 직장을 함께 개선하고 구축할 수 있도록 가능한 모든 것을 할 것입니다.

저는 법무법인 WilmerHale에게 우리가 존중하고 포용적인 직장을 조성하기 위한 모범 사례를 보유하고 유지할 수 있도록 정책 및 절차를 검토하도록 요청했습니다. 이 작업은 즉시 시작됩니다. WilmerHale 팀은 WilmerHale의 관리 팀 구성원이자 가장 최근에 미국 증권 거래 위원회 집행 부서의 이사를 역임한 Stephanie Avakian이 이끌 것입니다.

당사의 정책을 위반했다고 생각하거나 직장에서 어떤 식으로든 귀하를 불편하게 만든 경험이 있는 사람은 보고하거나 Stephanie에게 연락하기 위해 기존의 많은 채널을 사용할 것을 권장합니다. WilmerHale의 그녀와 그녀의 팀은 기밀로 귀하와 대화할 수 있으며 ATVI@wilmerhale.com 또는 202-247-2725로 연락할 수 있습니다. 귀하의 연락은 기밀로 유지됩니다. 물론 어떠한 보복도 용납되지 않습니다.

우리는 오래 지속되는 변화를 약속합니다. 즉시 발효되며 다음 조치를 취합니다.

1. 직원 지원. 우리는 계속해서 모든 주장을 조사하고 단호한 조치를 취하는 데 주저하지 않을 것입니다. 이 영역에서 우리의 능력을 강화하기 위해 우리는 규정 준수 팀과 직원 관계 팀에 고위 직원과 기타 리소스를 추가합니다.
2. 경청할 것. 우리는 여러분 중 많은 사람들이 우리 문화를 개선하는 방법에 대한 영감을 받은 아이디어를 알고 있다는 것을 알고 있습니다. 귀하가 의견을 말하고 개선할 영역을 공유할 수 있도록 제3자가 중재하는 안전한 공간을 만들 것입니다.
3. 인사 이동. 우리는 회사 전체의 관리자 및 리더를 즉시 평가할 것 입니다. 청구를 평가하고 적절한 결과를 만들어 내는 프로세스를 방해한 것으로 밝혀진 사람은 해고될 것입니다.
4. 고용 관행. 올해 초 저는 모든 채용 관리자에게 모든 공석에 대한 다양한 후보자를 확보하도록 요구하는 이메일을 보냈습니다. 고용 관리자가 실제로 이 지침을 준수하도록 규정 준수에 대한 리소스를 추가할 것입니다.
5. 게임 내 변경 사항. 일부 게임 내 콘텐츠가 부적절하다는 직원 및 플레이어 커뮤니티의 의견을 들었습니다. 해당 콘텐츠를 제거하고 있습니다.

귀하의 안녕은 저의 최우선 과제이며 우리 회사가 가능한 가장 환영하고 편안하며 안전한 문화를 가질 수 있도록 회사 자원을 아끼지 않을 것입니다.

우리가 함께 회사를 개선하고 우리가 세계에서 가장 영감을 주고 포용적인 엔터테인먼트 회사가 될 것이라는 확고한 약속을 할 것 입니다. 

진심으로
바비

* 원문

A Letter From CEO Bobby Kotick to All Employees
July 28, 2021
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 27, 2021-- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) CEO Bobby Kotick today sent the following letter
to all employees.
July 27, 2021
This has been a difficult and upsetting week.
I want to recognize and thank all those who have come forward in the past and in recent days. I so appreciate your courage. Every voice matters - and
we will do a better job of listening now, and in the future.
Our initial responses to the issues we face together, and to your concerns, were, quite frankly, tone deaf.
It is imperative that we acknowledge all perspectives and experiences and respect the feelings of those who have been mistreated in any way. I am
sorry that we did not provide the right empathy and understanding.
Many of you have told us that active outreach comes from caring so deeply for the Company. That so many people have reached out and shared
thoughts, suggestions, and highlighted opportunities for improvement is a powerful reflection of how you care for our communities of colleagues and
players – and for each other. Ensuring that we have a safe and welcoming work environment is my highest priority. The leadership team has heard you
loud and clear.
We are taking swift action to be the compassionate, caring company you came to work for and to ensure a safe environment. There is no place
anywhere at our Company for discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment of any kind.
We will do everything possible to make sure that together, we improve and build the kind of inclusive workplace that is essential to foster creativity and
inspiration.
I have asked the law firm WilmerHale to conduct a review of our policies and procedures to ensure that we have and maintain best practices to
promote a respectful and inclusive workplace. This work will begin immediately. The WilmerHale team will be led by Stephanie Avakian, who is a
member of the management team at WilmerHale and was most recently the Director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s
Division of Enforcement.
We encourage anyone with an experience you believe violates our policies or in any way made you uncomfortable in the workplace to use any of our
many existing channels for reporting or to reach out to Stephanie. She and her team at WilmerHale will be available to speak with you on a confidential
basis and can be reached at ATVI@wilmerhale.com or 202-247-2725. Your outreach will be kept confidential. Of course, NO retaliation will be
tolerated.
We are committed to long-lasting change. Effective immediately, we will be taking the following actions:
Employee Support. We will continue to investigate each and every claim and will not hesitate to take decisive action. To
strengthen our capabilities in this area we are adding additional senior staff and other resources to both the Compliance
team and the Employee Relations team.

Listening Sessions. We know many of you have inspired ideas on how to improve our culture. We will be creating safe
spaces, moderated by third parties, for you to speak out and share areas for improvement.
Personnel Changes. We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have
impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated.
Hiring Practices. Earlier this year I sent an email requiring all hiring managers to ensure they have diverse candidate slates
for all open positions. We will be adding compliance resources to ensure that our hiring managers are in fact adhering to
this directive.
In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is
inappropriate. We are removing that content.
Your well-being remains my priority and I will spare no company resource ensuring that our company has the most welcoming, comfortable, and safe
culture possible.
You have my unwavering commitment that we will improve our company together, and we will be the most inspiring, inclusive entertainment company
in the world.
Yours sincerely,
Bobby