아제로스는 흰색이나 검은색의 세계인 적이 없었다.
Azeroth is a world of gray, it's never been a world of black or white. 

이안 해지코타스가 이번에 했던 말인데 요약한 거엔 없어서.. 
레이드 쪽이 워낙 불타다 보니 역게에까지 올리진 않고 있었는데 그래도 몇 분은 인터뷰 내용 언급을 하시길래...

이번 인터뷰 스토리 관련으로는 크게 말해서 공허 엘프는 하이 엘프는 블러드 엘프, 악은 관점의 문제 이렇게 2가지 답변이 있었네요.

후자의 경우 인터뷰는

악이란 건, 아시다시피 관점의 문제죠. 아마 많은 얼라이언스 플레이어들은 "뭔 소리야, 너흰 내내 나쁜 애들이었어"라고 답할지도 모르겠네요. ~~
호드에게는 여러 모습이 있었고, 포세이큰이 오랫동안 보여왔던 면이, 예를 들면 타우렌이 보여주는 것과 직접적으로 이어져야만 하는 것은 아닙니다. 분노의 관문에서의 사건을 여러분이 아는 타우렌 문화와 비교해본다면, 뭐 그런 거죠. 하지만 그들 집단은 어느 정도 불편한 동반자로 지내왔고, 다른 진영들 사이에서 볼 수 있는 불화 같은 긴장이 있었죠.

그러니까 획일적인 게 아니라는 겁니다.

하지만, 다시 한 번 악에 대해 말하자면, 일반적으로 전쟁 중에는 혹독한 일들이 많이 일어나죠. 집단이 생존을 위해 싸울 때, 마지막 순간에는, 절박한 수단을 쓰지 않는다면 멸종하고 말 때 결국 그것에 의지하게 되죠. 앞으로 말해줄 이야기가 많고 그에 대해 너무 깊게 파고 들어가진 않겠지만, 두 진영은 모두 걱정해야 할 겁니다.

전 아제로스가 회색의 세계라고 생각합니다. 한 번도 흑이나 백의 세계였던 적이 없었죠. 이게 바로 프랜차이즈가 처음 출범한 이후 언제나 그것을 정의해 온 모습 중 하나라고 생각합니다. 워크래프트: 오크와 인간와 그 세계에서 일어난 이야기를 보면 우리와 닮은 고귀한 사람들이 있었고 잔혹하고 거대한 녹색 괴물들이 있었죠. 그래서 어쩌면 "아, 그래. 인간은 좋은 애들이고 오크는 괴물처럼 보이니까 나빠"하고 생각하게 될지도 모르겠습니다. 하지만 그건 워크래프트가 보여주는 것이 아닙니다. 여기엔 좀 더 미묘한 차이가 있고, 당장 이를 바꿀 생각도 없습니다. 

Evil, you know, is a matter of perspective. There's probably a lot of Alliance players asking "what are you talking about, you've been evil the whole time".

[...] The Horde has many faces to it, and there are aspects of what the forsaken have represented for a long time, but have not necesarily been directly in line with what the tauren represent, for example. I mean, compare the events at the Wrathgate to what you know about tauren culture. Yet there's been an uneasy partnership for these groups for some time, and there are similar tensions to some of the discordance that we see throughout the other factions.

It's that these aren't monolithic.

That said, evil, again, there's a lot of harsh things to happen in war in general. When groups are fighting for survival, in the end of the day, they resort to desperate measures when it comes to the choice between that and extinction. There's a lot of story to tell going forward, I don't wanna dig too far into this but both sides should be worried about that. 

I think Azeroth is a world of gray, it's never been a world of black or white. I think that's one of the things that is the defining aspects of the franchise from its release dates. You look at Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and the stories told in that world and you look at it there's these noble recognizable folks who look like us and these giant green brutish monsters and naturally might assume "okay, right, humans are good guys and orcs are evil because they look like monsters", but that's not what Warcraft is about. There's more nuance and that's not changing anytime soon.