--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brutal siege of Orgrimmar may be over, but Garrosh Hellscream, the most infamous orc on Azeroth, has yet to face justice. Bound in chains by his enemies, the deposed tyrant of the Horde must now answer for his crimes. Alongside renowned leaders from across Azeroth, you will bear witness to his long-awaited trial.

잔혹했던 오그리마에의 공성전은 끝났을지모르나, 아제로스에서 가장 악명높은 오크, 가로쉬 헬스크림은 아직 정의를 맛보지 않았다. 그의 적들에 의해 사슬로 묶여진 채로, 퇴위된 호드의 폭군은 그의 범죄들에 대해 책임을 져야한다. 아제로스의 유명한 지도자들과 함께, 당신은 그의 오랜 시간 기다려 오던 재판을 목격하게 될 것이다.

Visions of Garrosh’s past atrocities are presented in vivid detail for all to see. But as history is revisited, old grievances and bitter memories come to light, and those in attendance begin to wonder if anyone among them is truly innocent. Mounting tensions and rising enmity steer the court to the brink of chaos . . . as the world waits with bated breath for the verdict on the war crimes of Garrosh Hellscream.

가로쉬가 저지른 과거의 잔학한 행위들에 대한 환영이 하나하나 모두가 볼 수 있도록 제시되었다. 일어난 일들을 다시 보고 있으니, 오래된 불만과 쓴 기억들이 나타났다. 참석한 이들은 점차 자신들 중 누가 진정 잘못한 일이 하나도 없는지 궁금해하기 시작했다. 차오르는 긴장과 원한이 재판장을 혼돈의 직전으로 몰아가고... 세상은 가로쉬 헬스크림의 전쟁 범죄에 대한 판결을 숨을 죽이고 기다린다.

War Crimes, the new World of Warcraft novel by author Christie Golden, follows the dramatic events that grip Azeroth in the wake of the siege of Orgrimmar . . . and delves into long-buried secrets that may have been best left uncovered. Pre-order now and you can be one of the first to learn just what the future holds for the residents of Azeroth and the recently dethroned warchief of the Horde. 

작가 크리스티 골든이 쓴 새로운 월드 오브 워크래프트 소설, 전쟁범죄는 아제로스로 하여금 오그리마 공성전이 일어나게 한 역동적인 이벤트들을 짚어가며... 알려지지 않는게 나았을 오래된 비밀들을 캐어 나갑니다. 아제로스의 주민들과 퇴위된 호드의 대족장의 미래를 가장 먼저 아는 분이 되어보세요. 미리 주문하세요.

Author: Christie Golden
Release: May 2014
Preorder now

To learn more about the new novel, check out the WoW Insider interview with Christie Golden and read on for a sneak peek.

//이 부분은 소설의 소개부분인거 같은데... 소설책 뒤에 써져있는 축약버전같네요...

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Excerpt – Chapter 13*
*중략 - 챕터 13*

“Are you afraid?”
"두려운가?"

“What?” The water splashed. Anduin’s bones suddenly ached.
"네?" 물이 떨어졌다. 안두인의 몸이 갑자기 아파왔다.

“Are you afraid?” Garrosh repeated. The question was casually posed, as if the orc were simply making conversation. Anduin knew it for a verbal grenade. To either answer truthfully or to lie would blow open a door to things Anduin had no desire to discuss.
"두려운가?" 가로쉬가 다시 말했다. 질문은 무심코 하는듯 보였다, 마치 이 오크가 이야기를 하고 싶은 마냥. 안두인은 이것이 무언가의 시작임을 알았다. 진심을 말하든, 거짓으로 답하든, 안두인이 말하고 싶어하지 않는 것에 대한 이야기가 쏟아져 나올 것이었다.

“There’s no reason to be. You are restrained by chains and enchanted prison bars. You’re quite unable to attack me.”
"그럴 이유는 없습니다. 당신은 사슬과 마법이 부여된 철창으로 구속되어 있습니다. 당신은 날 공격할 수 없지요."

“Concern for one’s physical safety is only one reason to fear. There are others. I ask again: Are you afraid?"
"누군가의 물리적 안전에 대한 걱정은 두려워할 한 가지 이유일 뿐이지. 다른 것들도 있다. 다시 묻지, 두려운가?"

“Look,” said Anduin, deliberately placing the glass on the table, “I came here because you asked me to. Because Baine said that I was the only person you agreed to talk to about . . . well, about whatever it is you want to talk about.”
"저기, 난 여기에 당신이 날 찾아서 온 겁니다. 바인이 그러길 당신이 나한테만 이야기할 것이라 했기 때문에... 흠, 말하고 싶은게 뭐든지 말이죠." 안두인이 잔을 탁자에 의식적으로 놓으며 말했다.

“Maybe your fear is what I want to talk about.”
"내가 말하고 싶은게 너의 공포일지도 모르지."

“If that’s so, then we are both wasting our time.” He rose and went for the door.
"그렇다면, 우린 둘 다 시간을 낭비하고 있군요." 그는 일어서 문으로 향했다.

“Stop.”
"멈춰."

Anduin paused, his back to Garrosh. He was angry with himself. His palms were damp and it took every effort he could summon to refrain from shaking outright. He would not let Garrosh see fear in him.
안두인은 멈춰서, 가로쉬에게 돌아섰다. 그는 자신에게 화가 났다. 그의 손바닥엔 땀이 찼고, 떨림을 완전히 멈추기 위해 모든 노력을 했다. 그는 가로쉬가 자신에게서 공포감을 보길 원하지 않았다.

“Why should I?”
"내가 왜 그래야 하죠?"

“Because . . . you are the only person I wish to talk to.”
"왜냐면... 네가 나가 말하고 싶은 유일한 자이기 때문이지."

The prince closed his eyes. He could leave, right this minute. Garrosh was almost certainly going to play games with him. Perhaps trick him into saying something he shouldn’t. But what, possibly, could that be? What could Garrosh want to know? And Anduin realized that afraid on some level though he might be, he didn’t really want to go. Not yet.
왕자는 눈을 감았다. 그는 바로 나가버릴 수도 있었다. 가로쉬가 자신과 게임을 할 것이라는 건 거의 확실했다. 왕자가 말해선 안될 것을 말하게 할 수도 있었다. 하지만, 도대체 그것이 무엇일까? 가로쉬가 알고 싶어하는게 무엇일까? 안두인은 자신이 어느 정도 두려워하고 있음을 깨달았음에도, 그는 가고 싶지 않았다. 적어도 아직은.

He took a deep breath and turned around. “Then start talking.” Garrosh pointed at the chair. Anduin shifted his weight from one foot to the other, then took the seat with deliberate, casual movements. He lifted his eyebrows, indicating he was waiting.
그는 깊은 숨을 들이 마시며 돌아섰다. "그럼 말하시죠." 가로쉬는 의자를 가르켰다. 안두인은 그의 무게를 한발 한발 옮겨, 의식적으로 자연스럽게 보이며 의자에 앉았다. 그리고 그는 눈썹을 들어올리며 기다리고 있음을 알렸다.

“You said you believed I could change,” Garrosh said. “What in this world or any other could make you think that, after what I have done?”
"넌 내가 바뀔 수 있다고 믿는다고 말했지, 어떤 것이 널 그렇게 생각하게 했지? 내가 한 일들을 보고도?" 가로쉬는 말했다.

Again, no real emotion, only curiosity. Anduin started to answer, but hesitated. What would Jaina . . . no. Jaina was no longer the sort of diplomat he wished to emulate. He felt a flicker of amusement when he realized that for all his threats of murdering Garrosh, Varian had now become more of a role model for Anduin than Jaina. The realization was both sad, for he loved Jaina, and sweet, for he loved his father.
다시금, 진정한 감정은 없었다, 오직 호기심뿐. 안두인은 대답하기 시작했지만, 조금 주저했다. 제이나라면 어떻게... 아니. 제이나는 더 이상 그가 본보기로 삼고 싶은 사람이 아니었다. 안두인은 가로쉬를 죽이겠다는 모든 위협들에도 이젠 바리안이 제이나보다 좀 더 자신의 본보기가 됨을 깨달으며, 조금 즐거움을 느꼈다. 이 깨달음은 동시에 제이나를 사랑함에 슬펐고, 아버지를 사랑함에 좋았다.

“Tell you what. We’ll take turns.”
"한 가지씩 말하기로 하죠."

An odd smile curved Garrosh’s mouth. “We have a bargain. You’re a better negotiator than I expected.”
이상한 미소가 가로쉬의 얼굴에 새겨졌다. "좋군. 넌 내가 생각했던 것보다 더 좋은 교섭인이로군." 

Anduin let out a short bark of laughter. “Thanks, I think.”
안두인은 짧은 웃음을 터트렸다. "고맙군요, 아마도."

The orc’s smile widened. “You go first.”
오크의 웃음이 커졌다. "너부터 시작하지."

The first point goes to Garrosh, Anduin mused. “Very well. I believe you can change because nothing ever stays the same. You were overthrown as warchief of the Horde because the people you led changed from following your orders to questioning them, and finally rejecting them. You’ve changed from warchief to prisoner. You can change again.”
첫 점수는 가로쉬의 것이군이라 안두인은 생각했다. "좋아요. 난 어떤 것도 바뀌지 않는 것은 없기에 당신이 바뀔 것이라 믿습니다. 당신은 당신이 이끌던 자들이 당신의 명령을 따르는 것에서 의문을 품는 것으로 바뀌었고, 명령을 거부했기에 결국 호드의 대족장의 자리에서 끌려내려진거죠. 당신은 대족장에서 수감인으로 바뀌었죠. 당신은 또 바뀔 수 있습니다."

Garrosh laughed without humor. “From living to dead, you mean.”
가로쉬는 웃음기 없이 웃었다. "산 자에서 죽은 자겠지, 아마."

“That’s one way of doing it. But it’s not the only one. You can look at what you’ve done. Watch and listen and really try to understand the pain and damage you’ve caused, and decide that you won’t continue down that path if given another chance.”
"그건 한 가지 방법 중 하나죠. 하지만 유일한 방법은 아닙니다. 당신이 한 일들을 다시 볼 수 있죠. 보고 들으며 당신이 초래한 고통과 손실을 이해하려 노력할 수 있죠, 그리고 기회가 다시 주어진 다면, 이를 다시 하지 않기로 결정할 수도 있죠."

Garrosh stiffened. “I cannot change into a human,” he growled.
가로쉬는 경직되었다. "난 인간으로 변할 순 없다," 그는 으르렁거렸다.

“No one expects or wants that,” Anduin answered. “But orcs can change. You better than anyone should know that.”
"아무도 그걸 기대하지도, 원하지도 않습니다," 안두인이 답했다. "하지만 오크들도 변할 수 있죠. 당신은 누구보다도 그것을 잘 알고 있을테죠."

Garrosh was silent. He looked away for a moment, pensive. Anduin resisted the impulse to cross his arms, instead forcing his body posture to seem relaxed, and waited. A bright-eyed, coarse furred rat poked its head out from under the sleeping furs. Its nose twitched, and then it ducked back out of sight. The warchief of the Horde once . . . and now his cellmate is a rat.
가로쉬는 조용했다. 그는 다른 곳을 바라보며 생각에 잠겼다. 안두인은 팔을 꼬고 싶음을 참으며, 대신 자신의 몸을 느긋해 보이게 만들고는 기다렸다. 밝은 눈의 거친 털을 지닌 쥐가 자다 일어나 머리를 들어 코를 씰룩거렸다. 그러곤 다시 시야에서 사라졌다. 호드의 대족장이었던 자의 현재 감옥 동료는 쥐였다.

“Do you believe in destiny, Anduin Wrynn?”
"운명을 믿나, 안두인 린?"

For the second time Anduin was blindsided. What was going on inside Garrosh’s head?
잠시동안 안두인은 당황했다. 가로쉬의 머릿 속에 무슨 일이 일어나고 있는거지?

“I-I’m not sure,” he stammered, his carefully maintained image of coolness dissolving immediately. “I mean—I know there are prophecies. But I think we all have choices too.”
"잘 모르겠군요," 그는 말을 더듬었다. 그의 숙고한 동요되지 않은 모습이 사라졌다. "그러니까- 예언이 있는 건 알고 있습니다. 하지만 우리는 모두 선택권도 있다고 생각합니다."

“Did you choose the Light? Or did it choose you?”
"빛을 선택했나? 아니면 빛이 널 선택했나?"

“I—I don’t know.” Anduin realized he had never asked himself that question. He recalled the first time he considered becoming a priest, and had felt a tug in his soul. He craved the peace the Light offered, but he didn’t know if it had called him, or if he had set out in pursuit of it.
"모-모르겠군요." 안두인은 자신이 한번도 이를 스스로에게 물어본 적이 없음을 깨달았다. 그는 그가 처음으로 사제가 되기로 생각한 때를 떠올렸다, 그리고는 그의 영혼의 끓어당김을 느꼈다. 그는 빛이 주는 평화를 목말라했다, 그러나 그는 빛이 그를 불렀는지, 자신이 쫓기로 한건지 알 수 없었다.

“Could you choose to deny the Light?”
"빛을 거부하길 선택할 수 있나?"

“Why would I want to do that?”
"내가 왜 그걸 원하겠습니까?"

“Any number of reasons. There was another golden-haired, beloved human prince once. He was a paladin, and yet he turned his back on the Light.”
"어떤 이유로든. 금발이고 사랑받았던 또 다른 인간 왕자가 있었지. 그는 성기사였지, 하지만 그는 빛으로부터 등돌렸지."

Outrage and offense chased away Anduin’s discomfort. Blood suffused his face and he snapped, “I am not Arthas!”
분노와 불쾌함이 안두인의 불편함을 몰아냈다. 피가 그의 얼굴로 몰리며 그는 화를 냈다, "나는 아서스가 아닙니다!"

Garrosh smiled oddly. “No, you are not,” he agreed. “But maybe . . . I am.
가로쉬는 이상하게 미소를 지었다. "음 그래, 넌 아니지," 그가 동의 했다. "하지만...나는 그럴지도 모르지."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//안 늦었당. ^^