WITTMAN'S LAST BATTLE
All 4 Tigers of panzer ace Michael Wittman's group were knocked out, a Brit Firefly got 3, and Canadian Sher 75mm's got a 4th, which was probably Wittmans. 

MAP: Strategic situation two weeks before the engagement south of Caen (blue circle)-

Below: yellow line is approx front line-
1- Wittman's group of 4x Tigers drives north towards Caen (red circles indicate where they were knocked out)
2- They come under longrange fire from Brit Shermans,one of which is a Firefly whose gunner Joe Ekins brews 3 of the Tigers, one of which may or may not have been Wittmans. 
3- At the same time Canadian Sher 75mm's begin firing at short range into the Tigers side armour but claim no kills, although one (possibly Wittmans) was seen to blow up later as if an earlier Canadian penetration may have started a slow-burning fire.
To add to the confusion, it's also been said that an Allied rocket-firing fighter-bomber may have hit one of the Tigers.

This view is taken looking East from the road smack between the Canadians and the Tigers, X marks the spot in the field where Wittmans Tiger was knocked out.
Joe Ekin's Firefly was in the treeline on the horizon just to the right of the white building-

Panorama from the same spot:
NORTH TOWARDS CAEN AND THE ALLIED LINES

WEST TOWARDS CANADIAN LINES

SOUTH TOWARDS GERMAN LINES

Firefly gunner Joe Ekins (below) got 3x Tigers out of 4 which was a fantastic piece of longrange shooting regardless of whether or not Wittman was in one of them.
Ekins quote- "I was sort of thinking 'Get the ba*tards before they get me....Anybody who goes into another persons country to kill is a criminal. He [Wittman] might have been a hero to the Germans, but not to me"

VID:-EKINS TELLS HOW HE DID IT- http://youtu.be/-SlCXN7Mcy4

A Firefly. It's 17-pdr gun made it the hardest-hitting Allied tank of WW2 until the late arrival of the M26 Pershing 

Another Firefly

출처는 제 블로그 입니다. 

한글로 해석을 해 드리겠습니다.

비트만의 마지막 전투
4개의 판져6호 티거로 이루워저 있는 전차 에이스 위트만의 분대가 출격하였다. 영국의 파이어플라이 3대를 격파하고,
캐나다의 셔먼 75mm 를 4번째로 격파하였다. 

위지도는 위치 확인용도로 알아두시면 됩니다. 파랑원 안이 위트만 소대 입니다.

위성사진을 참고하고 티거가 어디에서 맞았는지 알아봅시다.
아래사진은 로드뷰입니다.

정리.
미하일 비트만의 티거는 파이어 플라이3대를 격파하였고 셔먼75미리를 격파 하였다.
영국의 전투기들의 사격을 받았고. 내부에서 유폭되어 비트만은 티거의 유폭으로 세상을떠난다.

미하일 비트만이 떠난이유는 전투기보다는 파이어플라이의 사격이 더 신빙성이있다는 자료이다.

필자도 미하일 비트만은 월드오브탱크 티거처럼 포탑 측면을 맞아서 유폭된것이라고 
생각한다.

여러분 생각은 어떠나?